Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Shoshone Falls


The weekend of the 19th my niece and nephew (Logan and Whitney) called and asked if they could come visit. I was thrilled to have them here. They are great company and they have the cutest little girls. We heard Shoshone was running really good, (from the McQueens blog) so we decided to take them down. We got everything ready for an AWESOME picnic at the falls....crescent rolls, chicken salad, cottage cheese, canned peaches from last summer, chips, ummm.........pretty much the works. So, off we went!! We got down to the turn off and there was a HUGE line of cars backed up for TWO MILES!!!! There were even signs up that said to expect a 45 minute delay. We decided to go to the Twin Falls park instead....so they never got to see the falls. I'm sure they'll be over again, but the falls don't flow like this that often. We did have a great time though and the kids loved every minute of it. On our way back I told Jon he should call his parents to come over and see them. I called. And 2 1/2 hours later they were over!! They spent the night and then we took the kids out of school a little early. Here are a couple pictures we got while we were down there. The only time I've ever seen them they just have a trickle going over them, but this time....WOW!!! They are so majestic. It reminded me of a time I drove up to Ashton, Idaho and we were looking out at the Teton Mountains, and one of my friends made the statement, "How can someone see something like that and doubt there is a God?" It is SO true, and it makes me so thankful for all the beauty our Heavenly Father has blessed us with. I'm glad we were able to go and enjoy all of it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: