Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Coloring Eggs

The kids love doing this, I mean, what kid wouldn't?? I still enjoy coloring eggs....and obviously Jon does too, because I always get pictures of him with the kids every year....none of me with them. Oh well. This year we tried the dye without any vinegar but were so dissappointed with the dull colors we finally broke out the vinegar. I can't believe what a difference it makes! I let the kids EACH color a DOZEN eggs!!! Well, eleven eggs each, cause three broke in the pan... My kids LOVE hard boiled eggs and I often will have a carton in the fridge that has "BOILED EGGS" written on it with a sharpie. I especially love to make deviled eggs out of the colored eggs cause they're always a little TYE-DYED! I told Jon that one year we used the hard boiled eggs for an Easter hunt in our house. I even reminded my mother of it. It brings back fond memories of the one that went missing for some time....until we could smell it. Someone had hid it in a little decorative shoe my mother kept in the window!!! YUCK!!
I didn't let the kids hide the real ones! :)



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

ang said...

hey thanks for thinking of me when you went private, i love keeping up with u guys. we miss you alot. cute pics i cant believe how big your girls are